As 2017 gives way to 2018, the season is ripe for resolutions. While you may be looking forward to boosting your biking regime, enhancing your local volunteer hours or restoring an old vehicle, there are dozens of ways to channel your vigor for change into an improved home. For those looking to jump-start the new year, here are 20 actionable resolutions to transform a time-worn interior into an revived residence.
- Exchange your worn cabinet pulls for high-quality hardware selections.
- Reinvent your closet storage with freestanding clothes racks.
- Purchase a wine holder to reduce your on-counter clutter.
- Paint an accent wall a rich maroon or complex blue to balance out neutral surfaces.
- Frame a bathroom mirror with a pair of industrial sconces like Vault.
- Sand and refinish your home’s fading hardwood floors.
- Use captivating decorative tiles to create a new kitchen backsplash.
- Swap out generic home vent covers with eye-catching metallic-plated pieces.
- Refresh your leather couches and seat cushions with easy cleaning wipes and cream.
- Add visual interest to barren floors with modern rugs and runners
Light: Troy Lighting, Vault
Rug: Anthropologie, Abstracted Terrazzo Rug
Chair: Herman Miller, Eames Wire Chair
- Donate unused shoes, bags and books to open up closet and storage space.
- Upgrade dim living room lighting with visually impacting pendant collections like Impression.
- Install entryway hooks and nooks to make a place for loose keys and mail.
- Hire help to give your home a deep and thorough cleaning.
- Switch old locks and install new security cameras to ensure a safe residence.
- Bring your countertops up to date by replacing uninteresting laminate with marble or granite.
- Install on-wall bike mounts to clear garage and entry way space.
- Remove freestanding bathroom vanities and use wall-mounted vanities in their place to open up under-sink storage.
- Pop in plants to liven up a space using organic elements.
- Swap out bedside portables with sconces like Watson to eliminate cord eyesores.